Hope you guys are doing good in these quenching summers? Not so? well residing in an arid area isn’t too easy for me as well. I too have to put on make up, dress up formally & try look the best each day to my studio along with shoots for blogs and yes not to forget the never ending meeting schedules.
Lately I had been travelling a lot & also I tend to go out for my meetings in cafe’s or eat out places other than my office. As a result my skin & hair are totally damaged. Oiling hair doesn’t really help when you’re staying in regions which are extreme in climate. Its HOT & we cannot ignore the heat. You cant get away putting hair oil and massages overnight treatments etc. Why? because its HOT. !! HELP!!!
Finally I tried finding a solution for my hair fall & damage. Came across few Indian companies which manufactures authentic herbal & ayurvedic products.
What I needed –
– Products which can stop hair fall & help regrowth.
– Helps retain the smooth texture for my hair after the coloring session & harsh chemical treatments.
– Travel friendly
– Non sticky or heavy if its an oil based product.
– Price point? Well nothing good comes cheap so I was okay to experiment.
What all I found?
Biotique Hair regrowth regimen & few other hair care products from different companies.
It includes –
1. Bio Bhirngraj Oil (@Rs 159 for 120ml)
– Suggested pre poo.
– Says it helps in curing Alopecia and other hair loss problems. For me, yes it did help as I used the whole regimen for more than 15days & I started seeing the results in 3days of use. Which is recommendable.
– Leave it overnight for best results.
– Very light weight. You would barely notice your scalp with oil on it.
– Strong fragrance. This was expected as these are ayurvedic recipes.
I used it overnight the first time I used it. I felt the strong fragrance was there but it wasn’t that effective as the Bhringraj oil I tried from other Ayuvedic companies. But it was a relief that it was light weight & I could easily leave it over till next morning. I was expecting it to also give some relief or might have had those soothing fragrant effect overall as it claims to be Bhringraj Oil which has anti stress properties as well. but it was not the best one of the similar I tried. Cost is affordable & can be tried. Not a recommended Bhringraj though.
Overall – 3/5
2. Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo (@Rs 155 for 200ml)
– Light weight shampoo.
– Feels cool on scalp. Refreshing aroma.
– Contains Neem & more very rare herbs great for hair regrowth.
– Use it night after you apply the oil. It gave my hair a great shine. The scalp was clean. Not usual but extraordinarily. It really helped my scalp feel fresh & clean. Each strand of hair was non sticky. (I have very oily scalp) I am not sure if it will be good for people having dry scalp.
– It also gave a smooth texture to hair & after using for about 15 days, I saw new hair budding up over the hair loss areas specifically. Vouched.
Overall – 5/5
3. Bio Mountain Ebony Serum (@Rs 185 for 120 ml)
– Very light weight water based product.
– Refreshing aroma & volatilizes super soon once applied. I guess it is absorbed quickly. Not sure though. But you can definitely feel it on scalp.
– Suggested after shampooing. It says you can apply & right after the application you can stylize your hair & are good to go. I say, NOPE. As the application is on scalp & not the hair or ends, you can feel its there & as I have oily hair you cant leave for office with the serum. I suggest you use it after shampoo & leave it for at least 30 minutes & see if your hair looks oily or okay to leave it open.
Overall – 4/5
I tried the regimen as suggested by the expert from the company, however on the website you can see there are more products to the Hair Regrowth plan.
I suggest –
1. A conditioner or deep conditioning mask should be added to the specific range so after the shampoo which makes the scalp very clean yet DRY, the conditioner would help retain the moisture in it not making it oily. Also, for color treated hair, its very essential to use a deep conditioning mask for dry strands. For chemical treatments like hair straightening, again regrowth treatment is needed because theres a lot of exposure to harsh chemicals & pollution with heat, damaging your hair completely. Sweat is another issue. Here conditioning/moisturizing always helps.
Obviously you would not like to use another from different company & break the herbal regimen.
2. Plastic packaging. This seems to be a turn off. As we know already that herbal products are best kept in glass. I was expecting glass bottles instead. I guess its because they want to keep the products travel friendly?
Overall Regimen – A must try for falling hair problems & itchy or oily scalp!!
Helped me retain hair regrowth in 15 days. Visible results in less hair fall & budding new hair strands.
Rating – 3.5 or 4 (may be)/5
I have not traveled with these so not sure how travel friendly are these. But surely a must try! For more hair care products that I tried from other companies, I shall be sharing my experiences soon.
Hope you enjoyed the review & do check out more with BIOTIQUE website according to your problem type! Yes you heard me right!